Watch Piper’s Pizza Video to learn more!
Tips for Making Great Pizza With Our Dough:
- Use minimal toppings. This dough tastes great, don’t weigh it down!
- Keep your pizza dough in the plastic bag while defrosting and proofing.
- Form your pizza directly on parchment paper.
- If you are having trouble stretching the dough out, cover it with plastic and let it “rest” for 15 minutes.
- Bake pizza in a very hot oven (475 degrees) ideally on a pizza stone preheated for at least 30 minutes
How to defrost the dough – 3 methods
- Defrost overnight in fridge; let dough at room temperature for 1 hour prior to forming pizza.
- Defrost in a 70°F degree room for 8-10 hours.
- Quick defrost in tepid water until dough is soft to the touch, then leave dough in warm (80°F degree spot) for 1-2 hours
- The dough is ready to use when it has inflated the plastic bag, shows signs of tiny bubbles on the surface and is stretchy and easy to form.
How to prep the oven
- The best pizza comes from a very hot oven preheated to 475 degrees for at least 30 minutes. (Open your doors, turn on the fan and be ready for the smoke alarm to go off!)
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and use a pizza stone if possible.
- Dust fingers with flour. Lay a piece of parchment paper on the counter, on top of a pizza peel or the back of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Using the weight of the dough and the back of your fists, stretch – don’t roll – the dough into a thin 12- to 14-inch circle. Handle carefully, gently transferring the dough from one hand to the other. Leave a slightly thicker crust at the edge.
- If dough doesn’t stretch easily, let it rest covered in plastic for 10-15 minutes.
- Space toppings evenly over the pie and don’t overload the center.
Classic Pizza Margarita
Use a base of Piper’s Pizza Sauce (start with 1/4 cup and use no more than 1/2 cup), spreading a thin layer almost to edge. Thinly slice 1 ball of fresh mozzarella and space evenly over the pie. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan, ground pepper and kosher salt. Bake on a hot pizza stone for 10-15 minutes, until crust is caramelized and deep golden brown. Place several leaves of fresh basil on the pizza as soon as it’s out of the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes, then slice and eat immediately.
Bacon and Egg
Try a simple base of béchamel, a dusting of a grated hard cheese, pre-cooked thick sliced bacon and a farm-fresh egg or two. Bake the pizza about 5-6 minutes before cracking the egg right in the middle. Return the pie to oven until the egg is cooked.
Potato and Onion
Brush pizza crust with olive oil before topping it with very thinly sliced potatoes, onions and fresh parmesan.
Middle Eastern Flatbread
Watch our video to see how to make flatbread at home with U-bake Whole Wheat pizza dough.