Making a difference is a key part of our mission. We believe that business can and should be a force for good. Our focus on our food, our people, our customers and our community is as strong today as it was when we baked our first Como loaf in 1989, and now validated with our certification as a B Corporation.
Here are the various ways in which we support our Portland and Seattle communities:
- We provide grants to local progressive nonprofits working to positively impact land stewardship, immigrant rights and workplace equality. The six organizations that Grand Central provides grants to are:
- Outside In – Helping homeless youth in Multnomah County move toward improved health and self-sufficiency.
- Equal Rights Washington – Ensuring and promoting dignity, safety, and equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Washingtonians.
- Friends of Family Farmers – Advocating for small and mid-size family farmers in Oregon.
- Puget Soundkeeper – Fighting to improve water quality and to ensure everyone has access to swimmable, drinkable, and fishable waters.
- CAUSA – Oregon’s Latino immigrant rights organization.
- NW Immigrant Rights Project – Promoting justice by defending and advancing the rights of immigrants.
- We provide annual sponsorship of Chefs Collaborative and The Bread Lab to support family farming, expand access to nutritious foods and help grow the market for sustainable food. We offer an end-of-year giving opportunity for employees to direct donations, matched by Grand Central Bakery, to local nonprofit organizations addressing land stewardship, immigrant rights and workplace equality.
- Our employees are offered 8 hours of paid volunteer community time annually. In 2018, our employees spent more than 530 company hours volunteering in their communities.
- We make in-kind donations to help fund raise and support efforts by schools and nonprofit organizations. See our donation request process below.
Grant & Sponsorship Requests
We do not have a formal application process for grants and sponsorship. Our 2020 budget is spoken for with the organizations noted above. If additional opportunities open up in 2021, there will be a formal announcement on this website. We cannot respond to additional inquires at this time.
Unfortunately, we are putting a pause on all donations at this time. Please check back at a later date for updates.